Sunday, July 09, 2006

41st Entry: Flower vs The Flower Shop

The preliminaries continue with a quick yet interesting match between Kankurou, of the sand, and Tsurugi Misumi, of Hidden Leaf Village. Kankurou is a puppet master who uses his chakra to control a marionette. This is a pretty rare skill. It has been such a long time since I have seen someone use it in action. During the fight, I overheard Naruto say that prelims were full of “weirdo's”. Ha, like he should talk... After Kankuro won, the match ended and the board displayed the participants selected for the next match. Sakura looked up in shock as the sign read "Sakura Haruno versus Ino Yamanaka".

This fight proved to be an indispensable lesson for everyone. One of the most important and defining characteristics of a true shinobi is having the self-control to set all emotions aside in order to get the job done successfully. Possessing strong feelings can cloud ones capacity of making logical decisions during a mission. This can lead to serious outcomes like death of oneself…or worse, one's teammates.

Sakura and Ino having a good stare


As far as I’m concerned Ino and Sakura both fail in this category. At the fight's onset it was already clear that this was not a fight between shinobi, it was a fight between friends. It was childish and everyone in the crowd saw it. At one point Ino actually resorted to smacking Sakura (フフフ~). However, as juvenile as this was it actually ended up getting Sakura into the mindset that she should have been in in the first place. I saw the willingness to fight in her eyes as she put on her Konoha headband. It looks like Team Seven’s flower is about to bloom...

Sakura vs. Ino


HK

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Kakashi, he is my favorite character on the show. Everytime I see him I smile.

Anonymous said...

Yay! 3rd comment! this is the most amazeing thing that has has ever happend to me sooo, i guess i should say something... *what will make me sound smart. i know!* ino and sakura should really get along; i mean not be friends becuase of sasuke? the only amzeing thing about sasuke is that he's amzealying ugly. take that sasuke, fool!

Anonymous said...

Hey HK,
I'm devestated--no pictures of you this week--and even Guy said you were so cool at Chuunin exam!
If you're too tired to pose, have Pakkun get up off his punni punni pads and snap a picture of you as you sleep (a la the cover of Chapter 16) or as you are using your incredibly expensive anti-gravity hair gel--yeah, I'd just like to see how you style your hair, that's all, you know, just for hair tips, yeah, nothing to do with you and wet hair and mirrors . . .
Love,
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Well now, is it art imitating life? Or the other way?

Anonymous said...

Meow.. Cat fight~ ^.^

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, ninja girls gone wild... Now if you can get them fighting in an onsen (hot springs???) Oh yea... Kakashi you are the luckiest ninja in the world!

Winner gets to play with Kakashi SnJ!

Yowza!

Anonymous said...

Third Match: OK, maybe puppets aren't usually freaky, but that ending was just plain crazy! Never knew ninja would involve puppetry....well OK, maybe stealth or for blending in, but not for attacks.

As for the fourth match...what more can I say: two kunoichi, going at it like heck...this should be fun!

Anonymous said...

Your entire blog has definatly been one of the most entertaining read I have had in a long time. I'll actually make a Blog for this please just so I can comment more in person. Can't wait for me, though I do have a question.

Will you be at Otakon this year?

Pakkun said...

Yes Kakashi will be at Otakon!

Unknown said...

Well looks like my students are kicking it up a notch. As for Otakon yes we will be there, but pakkun may not. He may be out on a mission.

Одуван С: said...

Hi Kakashi! I want costume Naruto! Sakura!